Auro 524 Plantodecor Premium Breathable Emulsion is a great way to brighten up your healthy home. Auro 524 is a natural, non toxic, solvent free, washable emulsion paint which is virtually VOC free. It has great coverage and is ideal for internal walls and ceilings.
Auro 524 white indoor paint meets the strict German AgBB criteria on emissions and has a special recommendation for use in living areas. It has a small amount of smell when you are painting it, but that disappears as soon as it is painted.
This environmentally friendly paint is a unique hard-wearing scrubbable formulation, making it great for high traffic areas that need regular cleaning and wet areas such as kitchens and bathrooms.
Auro 524 will adhere to old and new plaster, lime plaster, dry lining boards, previously painted surfaces, latex (vinyl) paints and other "difficult“ substrates.
Drying time: Quick drying 4-6 hours between coats, 48 hours to fully cured
Approx coverage: 9m² per Litre
- Virtually VOC free (less than 1 g/l)
- Odourless (the tiny amount of odour disappears as soon as it's painted)
- Solvent free paint
- Natural & non toxic paint
- Covers all of the surfaces that an ordinary emulsion will cover
- Suitable for use over problematic substrates such as old vinyl paints and new plaster
- Very Breathable (SD value < 0.05 m)
- Wipeable Class 1 (abrasion resistance under DIN EN53778)
- Excellent covering power (Opacity class 1 acc. to DIN EN 13300)
- Vegan - cruelty free paint
- Easy to apply with little dripping or splashing
- Also available in 80 great matt colours (see Auro 555).
- Mineral fillers
- Titanium dioxide
- Surfactants made of rapeseed and Caster oil
- Low levels of synthetic preservatives (BIT & MIT)
Auro aims to use renewable plant based ingredients from certified organic sources in their products wherever possible, along with natural minerals and small amounts of synthetic materials (only when absolultely necessary). All Auro products can be safely reintegrated back into the natural cycle therefore any residues can be composted (but if not home composting please check that you local authority will accept it first).
* Replebin® is an innovative, biogenic binder. Replebin® consists of plant alcohol esters with organic acides. The Bremen Environmental Institute in Germany has tested and confirmed the biogenic origin of the binding agent Replebin® and the very low product emission of the Plantodecor (524) wall paint. This paint binder is legally protected and exclusive to Auro paints.
Please note: Natural products are neither odourless nor emission-free. The use of organic, natural and plant based ingredients means that allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are chemically sensitive are much more able to tolerate Auro products, however they may cause allergic reactions in some. We always recommend that customers test a sample pot, when a paint product is new to them, to be sure.
For more detailed information, please download following pdfs:
- AgBB Certificate A+ (German evaluation scheme for VOC emissions from construction products),
- TÜV certificate (Tested for emissions acc. to AgBB evaluation scheme. Pollutant tests on biocides and heavy metals),
- Opacity Class 1,
- Abrasion Resistance Class 1,
- Water Vapour Permeability,
- Biogenesis and Emission.
Auro 524 Plantodecor is a white interior paint. For colours in this wipeable, very low VOC indoor paint please see Auro 555.
Complete the Look
Wood Trim, Skirting Boards and Doors
You can paint indoor wood in an Eggshell paint. See the Earthborn Eggshell 17 page for details.
You can of course paint ceilings with Auro 524 emulsion too, so do make sure you order enough to make your entire room look fresh!
Alternatively, if you are going to paint your ceiling white, it is worth considering one of the air purifying paints which work with sunlight (or sunlight/daylight bulbs) to neutralise noxious gases and odours in the room.