Earthborn Claypaint is a unique eco paint with unbeatable health and environmental benefits. It is virtually free of VOCs and other harmful emissions, odour free, totally oil free and highly breathable. Being static resistant, Earthborn Claypaint also reduces dust and allergen build-up, making it the ideal choice for asthma and allergy sufferers.
Many allergy and asthma sufferers experience benefits when using Earthborn products. There are a number of reasons for this:
- Careful ingredient selection avoiding known allergens (see below for a full list of ingredients).
- The breathability of the Earthborn Claypaint paint, in particular the moisture absorbing qualities, helps to even out the humidity in a room, making for a healthier, more comfortable living environment.
- The clay in Earthborn Claypaint emits negative ions; higher ambient levels of negative ions are widely accepted as being beneficial to health and wellbeing, especially for allergy and asthma sufferers.
- Claypaint’s high clay content helps to destroy airborne odours and contaminants.
- Less static electricity build up, so reducing dust and allergens.
However, it is never possible to guarantee that an individual will not have a reaction to a particular product or ingredient. For this reason, we recommend potential users test the product first. 100ml sample pots are available from the dropdown menu above.
Available in 72 gorgeous colours. Deliciously thick and creamy, this claypaint for interior walls goes on like a dream and often requires fewer coats than conventional emulsions. All this and no horrible smells or emissions. With virtually no VOC's you could paint your room and happily sleep in it the same day.
We recommend purchasing a tester pot if you are unsure of colour you require. The exact colours are easier to see at larger scales with your particular lighting, wall texture and painting technique!
The 750ml tin is branded "Eco Chic" however it is the same great claypaint inside. This is an excellent tin size for upcycling furniture projects to create "shabby chic" (or "eco chic") painted wooden furniture. Combine the 750ml tin with a couple of accent colours with the 100ml sample pots to create something really stunning!
A great interior wall paint for traditional buildings, babies' nurseries and children's rooms.
Drying time: 6 – 12 hours
Approx coverage: 8-10m² per Litre, though coverage is highly dependent on substrate porosity
- Virtually VOC free (less than 0.5 g/l).
- Acrylic free, totally oil free.
- Certified free of harmful emissions.
- Certified to the latest Toy Safety Standard (EN71-3:2019)
- Odour free.
- Highly breathable, creating a more comfortable living environment.
- Minimises condensation & deters mildew.
- Static resistant.
- Traditional and contemporary shades.
- Can benefit allergy and asthma sufferers.
- Vegan and Not tested on Animals.
- Easy to apply with great covering power.
- Available in 72 gorgeous colours with an ultra-matt finish.
- Vinegar ester
- Titanium dioxide
- Sodium hydroxide
- Titanium dioxide pigment (white and some colours)
- Pigments (some colours)
- 0.1% Synthetic preservative (MIT)
Earthborn Claypaint is certified as child friendly. Independently tested to meet the latest Toy Safety Standard (EN71-3:2019), this means these paints are safe to use in babies’ and children’s rooms.
For more detailed information, please download following pdfs:
Earthborn clay paint colours are available in 72 beautiful shades - White Clay, Hopscotch, St John, Bugle, Cat’s Cradle, Kissing Gate, Hippo Horray, Marbles**, Flutterby, Mittens, Straw, Tom’s Bakery, Donkey Ride, Little Rascal, Posset, Lemony, Vanilla, Jemima, Daisy Chain, Maybe Maggie, Ballet Shoe, Peach Baby, Humpty Dumpty**, Freckle**, Flower Pot**, Piglet, Cupcake, Rosie Posie, Delilah, Riding Hood, Can-Can*, Lady Bug*, Eyebright, Lily Lily Rose, Eiderdown, Inglenook, Trumpet*, Bo Peep, Gingham, Dorothy, Polka Dot, Toy Soldier*, Teacup, Smidgen, Shallows, Milk Jug, The Lido, Bobble Hat*, Reading Room, Fresh Air, Fiddlesticks, Grasshopper, Cricket, Mister Toad*, Seagull, Gregory’s Den, Sapling, Sunday Stroll, Secret Room, Hobby Wood*, Hobgoblin*, Wood Smoke, Feather Pillow, Paw Print, Muddy Boots*, Rocky Horse*, Whisker, Tick Tock, Tuffet, Nellie, Trilby*, Hidey-Hole*.
* Of the 72 shades of claypaint for interior walls these paints are free from Titanium Dioxide;
- Bobble Hat
- Hob Goblin
- Hobby Wood
- Lady Bug
- Mister Toad
- Muddy Boots
- Rocky Horse
- Toy Soldier
and also the following colours from the Modern Country Colours collection:
** Of the 72 shades of claypaint for indoor walls these paints achieve their colour just with naturally occuring clays and are therefore free from colourant and Titanium Dioxide;
- Flower Pot
- Humpty Dumpty
Earthborn Modern Country Colours in partnership with Country Homes & Interiors Magazine 2021: Nutkin*, Dried Petals, Peaseblossom*, Summer Frock, Sponge Cake, Baked Tile, Faerie, Winter Garden, Pudding*, Gloaming.
Please use our colour drop down above to select and view colour samples.
The Earthborn claypaint colour chart has samples of the actual paint used for the swatches. This is not a mass produced colour chart but a high quality accurate selection of colour swatches.
We are happy to send you a free colour card with free delivery to UK addresses. We aim to post it to you within 1 working day. Please contact us to request a colour card.
Complete the Look
Wood Trim, Skirting Boards and Doors
The 72 colours in the Earthborn claypaint range and the 12 new Modern Country Colours collectoin are also available in an Eggshell finish to paint indoor wood. See the Earthborn Eggshell 17 page for details.
You can of course paint the claypaint on the ceiling. However, if you are looking for something that is slightly more economical see the Earthborn Ecopro Matt Emulsion (minimum size 5L).
If you are going to paint your ceiling white, it is worth considering one of the air purifying paints which work with sunlight (or sunlight/daylight bulbs) to neutralise noxious gases and odours in the room.